Thursday, April 7, 2011

exercise at any age

Today I found this article that breaks down the body's capabilities by decade for fitness and exercise. It is interesting...though it does make me a bit ashamed that since I am in my 20s I could be pushing it extra hard since this is the only real time it can take the abuse. This is not meant to be depressing about getting older, but just some added knowledge about how your body changes over time with what it can handle.

See the article here.

In other news, I ran about 3 miles today and walked 1...lots of hills and a lot of wind made it pretty hard. I am pretty happy about it, though since I was only supposed to run one mile according to my training schedule. The weather was just perfect for running outside, and I was with a friend who is currently training for a half-marathon...a little extra motivation.

0 comments :

Post a Comment